Dragons are ancient, sentient reptilian creatures found throughout the Mortal Realms. Generally speaking, they take the form of massive reptiles who possess four taloned legs and two bat-like wings.
Many are also gifted with powerful breath weapons, such as the ability to unleash fire or poison gas from their gaping maws.
Some dragons are used as mounts. Aelves are known to ride dragons in battle, including the sorceresses of the Darkling Covens, the archmage of the Eldritch Council and the Dreadlords of the Order Serpentis.
The Flesh-eater Courts search for the graveyards of the dragons for several reasons. Their corpses are raised as Zombie Dragon and ridden into battle by the Abhorrant Ghoul Kings. When fed on the guts of these Zombie Dragons, Mordants become Flesh-eater Courtiers, allowing them to vomit out poisonous clouds like the dragons.
Dragons are known for their strength and power, making them popular targets for trophies. Auric Runesons collect dragon skulls as trophies to impress their fathers. Bonesplitterz use their teeth in spears, as they never lose their edge. King Brodd wears a Moul dragon skull as a helmet.
The Godbeast Dracothion, also known as the Great Drake, was the being who first found Sigmar after the destruction of the World-That-Was. His coils cross the sky of Azyr, the Realm of Heavens, like a river of glimmering gems.
- 1: Games Workshop- Sorceress on Black Dragon
- 2: Sorceress on Black Dragon Warscroll
- 3: Games Workshop- Archmage on Dragon
- 4: Archmage on Dragon Warscroll
- 5: Games Workshop- Dreadlord on Black Dragon
- 6: Dreadlord on Black Dragon Warscroll
- 7: Death Battletome: Flesh-eater Courts
- 8: Order Battletome: Fyreslayers
- 9: Destruction Battletome: Bonesplitterz
- 10: The Realmgate Wars: Godbeasts
- 11: Warhammer Age of Sigmar (Rulebook)
- 12: Order Battletome: Stormcast Extremis
- 13: Order Battletome: Stormcast Eternals