Humans, also called Humanity, Men or Mankind, are one of the most populous intelligent peoples of the Mortal Realms. They could be found in every realmsphere and served both Order and Chaos. Both Sigmar and Archaon were once mortal Men who lived upon the World That Was eons ago.
When Sigmar came upon the Mortal Realms during the Age of Myth, there were already primitive tribes of Humans in existence. He raised them up from savagery, and helped them build vast civilisations.
When the Age of Chaos began, Chaos-corrupted Men were sent against the other cities of Mankind. Most of the survivors who did not choose to serve Chaos were known as the "free peoples of Humanity" or the "Free Men."
Suffering from starvation from the war, some humans turned to cannibalism, eventually becoming Crypt Ghouls under the Abhorrant Ghoul Kings. During the Age of Chaos, Sigmar took human warriors and reforged them into the Stormcast Eternals.
Notable Nations of Men
- Blazemen - The original tribe of Yackob Veltahren.
- Direbrand tribe - The original tribe of Vandus Hammerhand.
- Leonus tribe - The original tribe of Marellus Lionheart.
- Salamanderspur tribe - The original tribe of Agtor Bruul.
- 1: Warhammer Age of Sigmar (1st Edition)
- 2: Games Workshop - Warscrolls Compendium: Bretonnia (PDF)
- 3: Games Workshop - Warscrolls Compendium: The Empire (PDF)
- 4: Death Battletome: Flesh-eater Courts
- 5: The Realmgate Wars: Godbeasts
- 6: Age of Sigmar Starter Book
- 7: Order Battletome: Stormcast Eternals
- 8: Order Battletome: Fyreslayers