The Mortal Realms, also called the Eight Realms, are a group of eight near-infinite planes of existence revealed to Sigmar by the Great Drake Dracothion after the destruction of the World Before Time during the End Times.
Following the destruction of the World Before Time, the aetheric energy released by the victory of Chaos gathered together into the eight realm spheres. Though isolated, these realms are still linked.
The individual realms aren't infinite in size, but they are massive, each larger in itself than the World That Was.
In the metaphysical centre of each of the realms, reality is stable and civilizations can be created. Towards the edges, the stable physical laws of reality tend to break down and the magical energies that define each individual realm will rip travellers apart into their elemental components.
The Mortal Realms
- Azyr, the Realm of Heavens, the Celestial Realm
- Aqshy, the Realm of Fire
- Shyish, the Realm of Death, the Amethyst Realm
- Ghyran, the Realm of Life, the Jade Kingdoms
- Hysh, the Realm of Light
- Ghur, the Realm of Beasts
- Chamon, the Realm of Metal
- Ulgu, the Realm of Shadows
- 1: White Dwarf 75
- 2: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar Primer
- 3: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar
- 4: The Realmgate Wars: Godbeasts
- 5: Chaos Battletome: Everchosen
- 6: A Traveller's Guide to the Mortal Realms
- Your Intro to the Mortal Realms